The little things I miss about my city


Of the little things I miss about my city

1.       Winter afternoons. When mango pickles probably taste the best it could.

2.    Known faces. Morning walks, running errands or just watching on from the balcony, it is strange to think that even unknown people sometimes make you feel at home.

3.       The friend I used to walk with on endless summer evenings, crossing the same set of houses every day. The friend I don’t talk to, anymore.

4.       Eating together at the dinner table where even deep fried items could be consumed guilt-free.

5.       Green fields and football. Especially during or after it rained.

6.       The station, where new people still board the old trains every day and the announcements remain unchanged.

7.       The smile on the faces I grew up with. The ones that tell me number 13 is unlucky and certain days are not good for travelling.

8.       Durga pujo’. The smell of smoke and euphoria in the air when ‘Maa’ arrives.

9.       The empty bookstores that sell dreams kissed by sunlight.

10    Of us and our tables for two.

11   Daybreak. It never feels the same anywhere else in this world.

12   The feeling of coming back home.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

19 : Elements of Liverpool's title-winning campaign

Losing

Winter